Monday 23 July 2012

Everything's Coming Up Vzraabgdtre!

Name: Vzraabgdtre
City: Ottawa
Date: 19/07/12


1. What does Vzraabgdtre mean? 
Vzraabgdtre is the name that I give to the darkness in me, and that which manifests within my audio works. There are times when it almost seems that Vzraabgdtre is a whole other person, trapped within the same shell.

2. What kinds of metal are you currently listening to the most of? 
Primarily doom, funeral doom and drone, including 40 Watt Sun, Isole, Ereb Altor, Nortt, Sunn O))), and Lamented Souls, just to name a few.

3. What's the longest length your hair has ever been?
As long as it is now. Before 6 years ago, I would shave my head several times weekly.

4. What are 3 things you would ask a ghost if you were to encounter one?
4.1 Do you like being dead?
4.2 Are you free of your pain?
4.3 How do you feel about those who are still alive?

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2
5. I know you've played the Silent Hill series. Which one is your favorite?
I'd have to go with 2, on the basis that it has a very grainy, raw-ness to the atmosphere that just i don't really feel in the other ones I've played

6. What's your favorite kind of pizza?
Anything with lots of meat and cheese

7. How do you prepare for a recording session? 
Well, for one, I find that sobriety doesn't mix well with creativity or desire to experiment, so I like to remove as much as practical. After that, being in a proper mood is always a plus. I find the darker the mood I'm in when i create something, the more satisfied I am with it in the end.

8. Who was your childhood hero?
Any video game character I named after myself.
 If that doesn't count, then nothing can, as I never felt I had one.

9. Create some visual art!
It's been a long time since i've drawn anything half serious. Since it can be a photo edit though, here you go:
This is Vzraabgdtre's photo edit!


10. Which element of nature do you  feel the strongest attachment with?
 I'd go with lead.
It's dark, heavy and poisonous,
which is how i like my music
 
 








Eevee asks: "What are the best munchies??"  
 (best munchies... sun chips)

11. What do you have coming up everyone should know about?
My 5th album entitled V is only days from release. Special editions are being made and even printed (for the first time in the history of this project), however only in limited numbers. On that note as well, there has been a double disc, in-print-only compilation designed recently as well.

Check out Vzraabgdtre at bandcamp right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment