Monday 30 July 2012

Left to Imagine with Porya Hatami

Name: Porya Hatami
City: Sanandaj, Iran
Date: July 29, 2012

1. Tell us a little about your music. What would you describe it as?

I make experimental music and I'm aiming to explore the relationship between enviromental and electronic sound with the concept of my tracks !






2. Have you ever played any live shows? If so, where were some? If no, where would you want to play?

No, not yet, anywhere that people enjoy my music
(Good idea!) 

3. What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?

"Nothing" ! I spend many years doing nothing 

4. What are some of your favorite sounds to work with?

For me any sound can be used as a source for making music, but lately I'm obsessed with the sound of broken electronic devices 

5. What is the worst song you've ever heard?

it's hard to pick one, there are lots of "worst song ever" out there 
(There really are!)

6. Quick! A tiger is running at you with full force! All you have near you is a rope, a magnifying glass, and a litre of fruit punch! What are you going to do!?

Running ! But he'll kill me anyway .
(Such positivity!)

7. Have you ever done any arts and craft projects and/or are you a handy man?

No !
(ok.)

Photo by Porya Hatami
8. Take a picture of something beautiful.

(seen left)

9. If you had a robot, what would it do, and what would you name it?

Cleaning, cooking, everything, i'm super lazy ! Can't decide on the name !
(Maybe you can get a robot to generate names for you, too!)

10. What makes you laugh?

Lots of things, I'm a happy person . 
(Rock Solid!)

 Eevee asks: I like your music a lot! Do you ever listen to your own music, just because you like it?

Hello Eevee, I like my music but I don't listen to it that much.

11. What do you have coming up that people should know about? 
Right now, I'm working on three albums for 2013. One is for Rural Colours and one is for new label called Inner Ocean, the other one is almost ready but I'm not sure about the label yet . I'm also contributing to Somehow Recordings Fogbound and Flaming Pines new project, and of course still involved in my collaboration project with Darren Harper . 
A man of few words. His music is definitely something you don't want to miss! Check out Porya on Facebook and hear some of the pieces he's recorded! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment