Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sweet Nothings with Jennie Lynn MacDonald

Name: Jennie Lynn MacDonald
City: Ottawa
Date: July 8, 2012


1. Which media is your favorite to work with?

I love fluid acrylics, watercolor and pen/line drawing.
 

2. What would you call your art style?
 I'm not sure...pop?

3. Do you have any pets? Do they help you make art?
I had a pet lizard (bearded dragon that only just passed away recently :(  He was cool as hell! He didn't directly inspire my art...or at least, not that I'm consciously aware of.

4. What are your 3 favorite movies at this moment?
Only 3??? Oh man......hmmmm.....I have a massive collection of terrible/awesome movies that I file through on a nightly basis...let's see now...Ghost World, Hot Tub Time Machine, and Less Than Zero are always at the top of my list, but I could add so many more.

 
5. If you went camping for a week and could bring any 2 people, who would you bring?
Is this in real life or fantasy land? If I could pick the best of both worlds I would bring my best buddy Emma and Robert Downey Jr.

 6. What's the first thing you think of when you hear/read the word "Magic"?
Lots of neon smoke and sparkles.

7. What do you think people in your city are looking for when it comes to art? What is popular?
I don't think I really know anything about what people in my city want. I don't pay close enough attention, but I guess I should. I know it's a select crowd of people that are looking for the type of stuff i do. You can't please everyone, nor should you want to. I think the art in Ottawa is growing though and it's exciting to think about where it will go in the next 20 years.

 8. When you're painting, do you have other things going on? (People over, music playing, etc.) If so, what?
I always have music on for sure. sometimes a weird movie helps. Music definitely drives the more emotionally charged pieces. I prefer to work on my own. I get too distracted if there are others around and it prevents me from really fully enjoying the process.


9. What is the best dessert food?                                                        
Ice cream
                                                                                       
10. You have such beautiful hair! If you could
 change your hairstyle to anything right now,
 what would you do to it?
Why thank you! If I could pull ANYTHING off, I would do something way more drastic than just my big long mess of hair I have now. Maybe have neon green hair for a couple days. Maybe some neon pink hair. Mohawk. Lots of things I suppose. But I do like and appreciate the head of hair I have now.

 

Eevee asks: "What are some silly things your pet eatses/do'z?"
My pet lizard Wisau use to eat silk worms, horn worms, crickets, lettuce, carrots, bananas, and raspberries.

 


11. Do you have anything coming up soon we should know about?
I'll be showing at Invisible Cinema's Wurm Gallery this coming October. no date set yet.

Here is Jennie Lynn's exceptional website that you can all follow her progress on!



http://jennielynnmacdonald.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment